Primary Language: Hindi
Primary Religion: Hinduism (99.98%)
Status of Gospel: Unreached and Unengaged; No evangelicals (0.00%) and none who identify as Christians (0.00%); no active church planting movement
Profile: The Yadav are a caste comprising of milkmen, cowherds, cattle breeders and laborers. Their traditional occupation is animal husbandry and selling its products. The Yadav consist of both landowning and landless people. Some Yadav are businessmen, teachers, doctors, engineers and political leaders. Especially in the last 3 decennia they have become politically powerful in the states Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. They are very influential and are a major challenge to the political supremacy of the Brahmins.
- For the salvation of the Yadav people.
- For short and long term workers / teams to come and pioneer new ministries among the Yadav.
- For new focused evangelism and church planting ministries.
- For literacy and community development work.
- For Christian social workers eradicating alcoholism.
- For Christian workers to meet their spiritual and physical needs.
- For the practice of child labor to end among the Yadav people.
- For education to be made available to girls as well to the boys.